A Few Notes to Myself on How to Proceed (Artist Statement)
1. Invite interactions. Complexity unfolds when things are brought into close proximity and bump up against each other. Encourage this bumping.
2. Explore the margins. Edges are where things start to change and get interesting. Watch these boundaries and move through them.
3. Space is deep. Plunge through its layers to reveal new narratives and silenced stories.
4. Co-create things. The world is made through collaborations at many scales. You are not the only author.
5. Play with histories. The past can be employed as a tool to think differently about the contemporary condition.
6. Make your own maps. A map shows one way of living in a space. Make maps that show different ways of living in that same space.